Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time to be honest...

I've always had a weight issue and have always blamed it on my metabolism, my spinal fusion, and fibromyalsia. While these issues do play a part, they are more of an excuse, my real issue is food. The amount and type of food I eat. I eat not only because I love food but there is also an emotional connection.

Food makes me feel better for the short term. When I am stressed a cookie does wonders. When I am emotionally upset eating enough food to stuff myself and swell my stomach makes me feel better. Even if it makes me physically uncomfortable, for some reason it makes me feel better emotionally. It's the "stuffing down" of emotions. It is not logical, but its real.

It's time to admit that I have a food addiction to sugar and carbs... and make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment